Thursday, August 4, 2011

I am... Fill in the blank with 5 traits

Have you ever said to yourself, "I want to be thin and healthy" or "I want to be in shape"? I know I did, for years. And then I would resolve to make it happen, which would work for a while, but sooner rather than later, the old habits would creep back in. I know everyone has experienced this in some way, whether it be with work, money, family, or health. We all want to improve in some way. However, the "I want" mindset does not work unless it is accompanied by an all out effort to succeed. You know the type, the bull-headed people that muscle their way through life and always seem to get what they want, but with a hefty input of energy and time.

What if there is a better way? Well, of course there is or I would not be writing this. Think about the "charmed" person who always seems to have the best luck, always gets what they need and want, and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. This is not luck or karma. This is a frame of mind.

If you begin to think of yourself as healthy or in shape, the most interesting thing will happen. You will make choices based on your frame of mind. What happens in your mind, without you even realizing it, goes something like this. "I see that ice cream. It looks good. But I am a healthy person, and that ice cream does not belong in a healthy person's body. So I shall ignore it."

Now, does that mean that you will never eat the ice cream? Absolutely not. Ice cream is delicious. But it means that the majority of the time, you will make decisions based on your frame of mind and not on your cravings. Over time, you will begin to crave healthy things, from good food to activity, and you will become what you are, a healthy person.

2 comments:

  1. Hi LeanDoc, It is true, we create our lives by living an internal road map that can be modified as soon as we embrace the idea of internal change. I think that this map is created from conception, and then both real and imaginary rules are put in place to 'explain our Universe.' It seems that we even determine, to a large extent, how we perceive the world around us, as hostile or friendly, from an internal frame of reference or mood/mind set. We tend to be what we think we are. You got that one right. Now changing, that is where a little work is needed, or is thrust upon us by life. -k @FitOldDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe a little bit of both; life thrusts it upon us and then we put in the work.

    ReplyDelete